Histomat: Adventures in Historical Materialism

'Historical materialism is the theory of the proletarian revolution.' Georg Lukács

Monday, November 10, 2008

Yeah, but can Zombies run?

For those who have not been avidly reading the Guardian of late, there is a critically important debate running between Charlie Brooker - writer of the quality recent TV show Dead Set (which was basically Dawn of the Dead meets Big Brother only with a touch of dark humour) and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead) over whether Zombies can run or not. Pegg defends the classic traditional view of the matter with Zombies as incredibly slow stumbling mumbling and shuffling creatures while Brooker is more revisionist, defending the idea of diversity among breeds of zombie. If I get time this week I will write a brief review of Historical Materialism conference 2008, but I'm sorry folks its zombies or nothing for the time being.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:14 pm, Blogger Adam Marks said...

Did anybody say ontology?

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger Snowball said...

Not in the sessions I went to. I swear I heard the word 'epistemology' in one session though.

 
At 9:33 am, Blogger Adam Marks said...

Marxists are such smooth talkers: "hey there, want to hear my theory on knowledge?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home